Tuesday, February 28, 2012

First Run with the Inhaler

Did not happen... there were 7 people in line for the treadmills when I got to the gym. 7!! Thats absurd.

So I went up to the "secret" bike area.  On the way up there, I realized that while trying to remember to use the inhaler, I forgot to grab my headphones.  A year ago, I would have been like, "thats a good excuse to go home." but I was not wasting those two puffs of albuterol.

I decided to go on a spinning bike.  I've never been on a spinning bike, so word of advice... if you haven't either, have someone show you how to adjust it or look it up online.  I wasn't quite sure how to do it, so I guessed...  it felt okay and I looked like the rider in the picture, so that's a good sign.

I had a GREAT ride.  Not having headphones kind of sucked, but overall it was a really great ride.  I think the inhaler actually helped - I felt like my heart was pounding, but I could breathe.  It was one of the best workouts I've had in a while, maybe ever.  In the past, which I didn't realize might be wrong, the limiting factor was that I felt like I couldn't get enough oxygen to my lungs and I had to slow down.  Today, the limiting factor was that I was frequently pushing my max heart rate or my thighs (which are weak) were exhausted. I think that's a good sign?

In other news, I decided to do crunches.  I did 100 crunches total - a combination of regular crunches, reverse crunches, bicycles and oblique crunches.  So we'll see how that supplements the variety of classes I'm taking.

Happy Tuesday!  That means its almost Wednesday, which is practically Friday! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment